I never really cared for fennel until I made this recipe. This salad is refreshing and delicious. In fact it’s so tasty that I will sometimes have leftovers for breakfast. I found this recipe in Matthew Kenney and Sarma Mengailis’ cookbook, Raw Food Real World - great book, by the way. It is a CLEAN recipe (made only with whole foods) therefore making it a great addition to one’s repertoire of weight loss recipes.
- 1 large fennel bulb (or 2 smaller fennel bulbs)
- 2 avocados
- 5 oranges (or substitute with 3 grapefruits)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1-2 handfuls of mint
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- Sea salt and pepper
1. Cut oranges and expose the flesh by removing the membrane
2. Peel, pit and slice avocados
3. In a bowl, whisk oil with lime juice and some salt.
4 Place sliced avocado in bowl and pour some dressing over it. Toss very gently to coat.
5. Add the fennel, the remaining dressing and the mint to the oranges and toss. Combine avocado with the oranges and fennel.
6. Place in plates, add salt and pepper and serve.
CLEANnutrition.ca Toronto Weight Loss and Nutrition